Advent Sunday, Sunday Service
SERMON NOTES & QUESTIONS:
1.Wisdom is better than military might (vv 9:13-15, 18a)
2. Wisdom can be found among the poor (vv 9:15-16, 10:5-7)
3. Wisdom can be from quiet instead of loud impressive sources (vs 9:17)
4. Wisdom though impressive can be easily discredited by a little sin –choose wisdom instead of destructive foolishness (vv 9:18, 10:1-2)
a. “One sinner can destroy much that is good” (vs 18b)
b. “A little foolishness spoils great wisdom and honour” (vs 10:1)
5. It is wiser to be calm than to quit on an offended leader (vs 4)
Questions for discussion:
1.Which unobvious nugget of wisdom was most surprising to you? How has the text changed your perspective?
2. Jesus says in John 5:39, “You search the Scriptures because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness about me”. Do you agree with the speaker that this passage points to Jesus? Why or why not?
3. Share which unobvious nugget of wisdom God would like you to work. Take time to pray for each other in pairs.